notices and coming events in the Parish:
also published in our Sunday Link leaflet, available at all services; edited and produced by Judith Hall tel. 01477 535497 (contributions deadline: 9.30pm Wednesday evening)
Mothers' Union Strawberry Supper - Tuesday 11th June: church hall from 7.30 pm
All Mothers' Union members are invited to attend as well as our Congleton Deanery MU members
For more information or tickets, please ring Carole Elliott 01477 533882 or Dorothy Wood 01477 533704
- Tickets £3 including strawberry supper
- cakes, Bring and Buy stall, Book Stall, Raffles, Quizzes
Parish Weekend - Willersley Hall, Derbyshire - 27-29th Sep. 2013
Hurry - if you haven't booked yet please phone Karen Cragg on 01477 534844 or email her on email@example.com - further information here
This year a completely new Electoral Roll has been compiled. A copy of the new Roll is available to consult at the back of church. Please ask one of the sidesmen or wardens if you would like to see it.
Please contact our Electoral Roll Officer, Wendy Bond: tel. 01477 534758, if you would like to be included when it is next updated in 2014.
The qualifications to be added to the Electoral Roll are that you must be:
- baptised and aged over 16 and be a member of the Church of England, or another in communion with it, or which subscribes to the doctrine of the Trinity AND
- be resident in the parish OR
- have habitually attended public worship in the parish during the last six months
|worship and pattern of services|
- Following the comments and suggestions from the GAP3 open meeting and subsequent article in the December Magazine, we are now introducing some changes to the pattern of our services, mainly affecting the 10am services on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month.
- You will notice that we are now using the black Common Worship book at all of our regular services. For the celebration of Holy Communion, we are continuing to alternate between the contemporary Order 1 (which we used to refer to as “Common Worship”) and the traditional Order 2 (Book of Common Prayer) forms of service which are now authorised.
- If you are able to help with this important contribution, please add your name to the new rota which is on the notice-board in the church porch. Please contact Ann Stafford tel. 01477 533504 if you have any questions - you do not need to be an expert flower arranger!
|helping school children with reading - |
- many thanks to the six people who have already volunteered to listen to young children read at Holmes Chapel Primary School
- If you would also like to help or want to learn more about what is involved, please telephone: Sandra Mulford on 07801 981215 or 01477 537489 or speak to her after a Church service.
|support for carers - all those who care for other people in the Holmes Chapel area are welcome to the monthly drop-in sessions in the church hall organised by Cheshire Carers on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Refreshments are provided. |
- www.carers.org/cheshire - the carers' help-line is 0800 0850307
Keep Sunday Special - reminder for supporters -
|unusual POSTAGE STAMPS for Sunday School - please keep them coming in (but not those with the Queen's head on them) - Chris Land|
|Prayer Network at St. Luke's - can you contribute?|
- Further Networkers are often required so that we can continue to link in all members of our church family. Perhaps you could help? Please contact the Network Leader Judith Hall ( tel. 01477 535497) now to find out more about how you can help.