NoticesLast edited by webmaster on 7 April 2017 - 10:02am
Notices and coming events in the Parish:
also published in our Sunday Link leaflet, available at all services; edited and produced by Judith Hall tel. 01477 535497 (contributions deadline: 9.30pm Wednesday evening)
Revision of Church Electoral Roll: Church Hulme - St Luke
Revision of the current Church Electoral Roll is underway was completed on 26th March 2017 ready for the Annual Parochial Church Meeting on Sun 23rd April 2017. The revised Electoral Roll is available in church for checking.
If you would like your name added to the current Church Electoral Roll, OR your name is already on the Roll but you have a change such as a new address, APPLICATION FORMS are available at the back of the church.
Notice of Meeting for Election of Churchwardens and Notice of Annual Parochial Church Meeting - 23rd April, 2017
These meetings will be held consecutively in St Luke’s Church, Holmes Chapel on Sunday 23rd April at 9.30am and followed by a Service of Holy Communion.
The first Meeting for the Election of Churchwardens may be attended by:
1. All persons whose names are entered on the church electoral roll of the parish and
2. All persons resident in the parish whose names are entered on a register of local government electors by reason of such residence.
The second, Annual Parochial Church Meeting
For the election of Parochial representatives of the laity as follows:
1. Deputy and Assistant Churchwardens
2. To the Parochial Church Council, FIVE representatives.
3. To the Deanery Synod, THREE representatives.
For the appointment of Sidesmen and the Independent Examiner.
For the consideration of:
(a) A Report* on changes in the roll since the previous annual parochial church meeting;
(b) An Annual Report*of the proceedings of the parochial church council and the activities of the parish generally;
(c) The Financial Statements* of the Council for the year ending on the 31st December 2016 independently examined;
(d) A Report* on the fabric, goods and ornaments of the church or churches of the parish;
(e) A Report* on the proceedings of the Deanery Synod;
and other matters of parochial or general Church interest.
*Notes: These reports for the calendar year 2016 are available in consolidated form here and in printed booklet form with copies of the Summary Accounts for the same time period, at the back of church from 9th April. Copies of the full Accounts are available on request from 16th April.
New Housegroup started 26 September 2016
Meeting second and fourth Mondays each month between 7.45 pm and 9.45 pm).
For more information contact:
► Revd Gail Miller 01477 532184
READING HELP for School Children – Holmes Chapel Primary School -
- many thanks to the six people who have already volunteered to listen to young children read at Holmes Chapel Primary School
- If you would also like to help by listening to young children read or would like to learn what is involved, please telephone: Sandra Mulford on 07801 981215 or 01477 537489 or speak to her after a Church service.
support for carers - all those who care for other people in the Holmes Chapel area are welcome to the monthly drop-in sessions in the church hall organised by Cheshire Carers on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Refreshments are provided.
- www.carers.org/cheshire - the carers' help-line is 0800 0850307
unusual POSTAGE STAMPS for Sunday School - please keep them coming in (but not those with the Queen's head on them) - many thanks from Chris Land
Prayer Network at St. Luke's - can you contribute?
- Further Networkers are often required so that we can continue to link in all members of our church family. Perhaps you could help? Please contact the Network Leader Judith Hall ( tel. 01477 535497) now to find out more about how you can help.
FOOD & CLOTHING still wanted please: Long-life semi-skimmed milk, Coffee, Sugar, Biscuits, Tinned Fish, Tinned Meat, Tinned Veg and Pulses, Men’s Boxer Shorts (M), Women’s Briefs (sizes 8, 10 & 12), Blankets, Sleeping Bags, Holdalls, Rucksacks
Food, clothing and toiletries may be left in the church porch at any time